- This event has passed.
Growing Food Right Here in NYC
Where Are We -- And What Needs to Happen for Urban Ag to Increase, Improve and Have a Significant Impact
This seminar will discuss the current state of urban agriculture and examine challenges and opportunities in NYC.
- Crystal Eksi, Urban Designer, NYC Department of City Planning
- Council Member Rafael Espinal
- Henry Gordon-Smith, Founder and Managing Director, Agritecture
- Gerard Lordahl, Gardens & The Governor's Island Teaching Garden Director, GrowNYC
- Danielle Spiegel-Feld, Executive Director, Guarini Center Environmental, Energy and Land Use Law, NYU School of Law
- Charles Platkin, PhD, JD, MPH, the executive director of the Hunter College NYC Food Policy Center
Healthy Breakfast Will Be Served @ 8:45am, Talk at 9am