Study and Hang Out
Hunter offers a variety of places where you can study with friends, study in private, eat while you study, hang out, and more.
Leon & Toby Cooperman Library
- Anne Spitzer Reading Room
- Gilder-Tirschwell Information Commons
- Paul and Florrie Kagan Study Center
- Barbara Lang Student Commons
- Group Study Labs
- Library Café
- Closed for Improvements
- Reading Room
- Mary P. Dolciani Math Learning Center
- Dr. Murray and Anna P. Rockowitz Writing Center
- Skirball Science Learning Center
Library Study Rooms
Have a big test coming up? A term paper due? Hunter has the perfect place for peace and quiet to get your work done.
B2 Floor — Rooms B2A, B2B
B1 Floor – Room B112
5th Floor – Room 505
6th Floor – Rooms 601A, 601B
Study Room Policies
- Can be only reserved by Hunter students with current Hunter ID.
- No reservations accepted from IELI, Hunter Science High School, or Hunter College High School students, or faculty or alumni.
- Reservations MUST be made in person at the Reserve Desk
- Reservations must be made for a maximum of 2 hours, at least one day in advance, but no more than one week in advance.
- Reservations will be forfeited after 10 minutes if you fail to appear.
- When not reserved, study rooms are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Anyone using a study room must vacate the room when the room has been reserved.
- No food in the study rooms.
- If the door is locked, please go to the Reserve Desk.
Accessible Study Rooms
Rooms 205-210 are available for students registered with the Hunter Office of AccessAbility.
In addition to the rules above:
- You can reserve an accessible study room at the reservation desk in person, or call 212-772-4160 or 212-772-4162.
- You must present both your Hunter ID and your Access Accommodation ID.
Seating areas for study or meetings
- 1st Floor – West Lobby
- 2nd Floor – Balcony (above the gallery, overlooking the lobby)
- 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th Floors – Lounges adjacent to escalators
- 7th Floor – Sidney A. Miller Student Lounge
Conference rooms and seating areas are available for study or meetings. Also check out the game room!
- 1st Floor – Cabaret
- 2nd Floor – Student Union
- C Level – Marvin Seiger Theatre Library
- 3rd Floor Patio (in the Cafeteria)
- The East and West Building 8th Floor Terraces are closed for improvements
- Poses Park (68th St. bet. Lexington & 3rd Aves.)
- Loewe Plaza (68th St. bet. Park & Lexington Aves.)
- North Plaza (69th St. bet. Park & Lexington Aves.)
- West Plaza (Intersection of 68th St. & Lexington Ave.)
In the Neighborhood
- Central Park
Talking Study Spaces
- Main Cafeteria – Room 303
- Grateful Auditor Lounges – next to escalators on floors 3–7
- Room 522
- Sidney Miller Lounge – 7th Floor Lounge across from Room 714
- Digital Cafe – 3rd floor
- Game Room – Room 205
- Room 104
- Room 208
- Room 209
- C-Level, Room 103
- C-Level, Room 106
- Private Study Rooms in Library
- Room 215
- Room 318
- Computer Labs – C05 and C09