- This event has passed.
Hunger, Food and COVID-19 in NYC: An Update
May 5, 2020 | 9:30 am - 10:30 am
COVID-19 has had significant impacts to our local food system and food around the world. This panel conversation will discuss what is happening in NYC to protect our food system, farmers and local food-related business owners and to ensure that our most vulnerable populations have access to nutritious food during this challenging time.
This event will be conducted via a Zoom Webinar.
- Joel Berg, CEO, Hunger Free America
- Commissioner Grace Bonilla, JD, Administrator, Human Resources Administration
- Ruth Finkelstein, ScD, MA, Executive Director, Brookdale Center on Aging, Hunter College, CUNY Professor, Urban Public Health, Hunter College, CUNY
- Tony Hillery, Founder and Director, Harlem Grown
- Michael Hurwitz, JD, Director, GrowNYC Food Access and Agriculture
- Kate MacKenzie, MS, RD, Director, Mayor's Office of Food Policy
Moderated by Charles Platkin, PhD, JD, MPH and Alexina Cather, MPH
This panel will be held as a zoom webinar. Register HERE
Open to Everyone