- This event has passed.
Measuring Food Insecurity
Measuring food insecurity is critical for developing food assistance programs; evaluating nutrition, health and development initiatives; and informing food policy across sectors. This panel will discuss how food insecurity is measured. We will speak with experts to explore how food insecurity has been measured and if new tools are needed to accurately assess food insecurity following the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Chris Barrett, PhD, Stephen B. & Janice G. Ashley Professor of Applied Economics and Management International Professor of Agriculture, Charles H. Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management and Co-Editor-in-Chief of Food Policy
- Joel Berg, CEO, Hunger Free America
- Carlo Cafiero, PhD, Project Manager of “Voices of the Hungry,” Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Alisha Coleman-Jensen, Social Science Analyst, Economic Research Service, USDA
- Trenor Williams, PhD, Founder & CEO, Socially Determined
- Moderated by Charles Platkin, PhD, JD, MPH