Are you interested in learning about voting system technology, security, and accessibility? Join us for an engaging series of panel discussions featuring election industry professionals — including security experts, accessibility experts, local election officials, and voting machine providers — who will address these topics and more.
Moderated by Dr. Basil Smikle Jr., Distinguished Lecturer and Director of the Public Policy Program at the Roosevelt House Public Policy Institute at Hunter College
A Q&A session will follow each panel.
All Things Security
Learn how technology partners have joined in partnership since the 2016 election to share threat information and leverage the security advantages of collaboration among the government, academia, and private sector.
- Chris Wlaschin, CISO & SVP of Security, Election Systems & Software
- Ryan Macias, Election Security Subject Matter Expert Consultant, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency
- Jared Dearing, Senior Director of Elections Best Practices, Center for Internet Security
Accessibility in Voting, From 2000–2022
2:40– 3:20 pm
Learn what changes have been brought forth since the 2000 elections and hear more about what changes are yet to come.
- Brandon Clifton, SVP of Government Affairs, Election Systems & Software
- Chris Rosa, President & CEO, The Viscardi Center
- Nicole DiRado, Administrator, Union County, NJ Board of Elections
Fact vs. Fiction / Mis- & Dis-Information
Learn more about how voters can separate fact from fiction and what everyone can do to help prevent disinformation from undermining democracy.
- Teresa Paulsen, Teresa Paulsen Communication LLC
- Ralph Mohr, Election Commissioner, Erie County, NY
This event will be held in person at Roosevelt House and online via Zoom.
Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination will be required for all who attend.