On 3/31/2020, Hunter’s NYC Food Policy Center hosted this online public program.
COVID-19 is rapidly changing life in New York City and across the world. This panel conversation discusses what needs to happen in NYC to protect our food system, farmers and local food-related business owners and to ensure that our most vulnerable populations have access to nutritious food during this challenging time.
- Joel Berg, CEO, Hunger Free America
- Commissioner Grace Bonilla, JD, Administrator, Human Resources Administration
- Michael Hurwitz, Director, Greenmarket, GrowNYC
- Kate MacKenzie, Director, Mayor’s Office of Food Policy (tentative)
- Bryan Moran, Director, DevOps, City Harvest
- Karen Washington, Owner, Rise and Root Farmer
Moderated by Charles Platkin, PhD, JD, MPH and Alexina Cather, MPH
Watch the program below.