The Behavioral Response Team (BRT), through effective coordination and communication across Hunter College, helps to maintain a productive learning and working environment, and promotes the health and safety of the student body and community. The Team provides support and assistance to students in crisis or distress, and manages behavior that is cause for concern.
The BRT promotes a culture of mutual support and collaboration and is a resource for all faculty, staff, and students. Our efforts focus on:
- Identifying those students in need of assistance
- Assessing and addressing distressed, disruptive, disturbed, dysregulated behavior
- Promoting a culture of mutual support and collaboration
- Supporting and providing resources to students who evidence emotional/behavioral disturbance
- Centralizing Information/Tracking “red flags”
- Eliminating fragmented intervention