3rd Annual Language Works Conference: Translation, Interpreting and the Platform Economy
Join us for Hunter College's 3rd Annual Language Works Conference, where experts in translation and interpreting will come together to explore the changing landscape of language services in the digital age.
Date: Friday, April 28th, 2023 | Time: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Venue: Faculty Dining Room, Hunter College, New York, NY, USA
As the platform economy continues to have a profound impact on the translation and interpreting (TI) industry, the ongoing COVID-19 crisis has accelerated the shift towards digitization and online modalities, raising important questions about linguistic equity and language access issues. Our presenters and panelists will delve into the following topics:
- Evolving conceptions of translation/interpreting and changing modalities
- The impact of the platform economy culture on the role of the language professional
- The alignment of higher education with success in the platform economy
- Ethical implications of new technological environments with respect to trust, content ownership, privacy, and transparency
- Social and humanitarian dimensions of localization, glocalization, and the hegemony dominance of the platform model in terms of equity and language access
Whether you are a scholar, practitioner, or simply interested in this topic, this conference will provide a unique opportunity to hear from experts and engage in discussions about the future of the TI industry in the platform economy.
Don't miss this chance to connect with like-minded individuals, learn about the latest developments, and contribute to the conversation.
- Faculty Dining Room
695 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10065 United States + Google Map
8th Floor in Hunter's West Building.