This page includes:
Learn the rules of capitalization, punctuation, how to write numbers, dates and times correctly and consistently and more.
The Editorial Style Guide was created to...
- ensure correctness and consistency in punctuation, spelling and grammar.
- establish standards for clear and consistent writing.
- send a professional message to users/readers.
- ensure a unified brand and web presence.
See the Editorial Guide for more information.
Get general guidelines on how to write for the web and keep content engaging and accessible.
Visit Editorial Tips and Best Practices for information on the following:
- Keeping Content Fresh and Relevant
- Being Clear and Consistent
- Knowing Your Audience
- Content Approval
- Images and Photos
- Links, Buttons, Emails and URLs
Keep content fresh and relevant with the Content Expiration Tool, which helps website editors and contributors track content that needs updating or removing.
Learn how to use Content Expiration in the WordPress CMS.
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the practice of optimizing content so it ranks well in search. Optimizing pages in the WordPress CMS will help users find what they're looking for on both the Hunter website and in search engines like Google.
Visit the SEO Guide and learn more about the following:
- What is SEO
- How to Write Good Meta Titles
- How to Write Good Meta Descriptions
Review this handy list of fields in the WordPress CMS and their character count limits.
Visit the Character Counts page.