Undergraduate Summer Scholarship
If you plan to take classes at Hunter this summer, you may be eligible to receive an Undergraduate Summer Scholarship. Upon registering in Hunter College’s Summer Session, the scholarship awards up to $500 to continuing undergraduate students for enrollment and successful completion of one (1) summer class that counts toward your degree.
To qualify for the Undergraduate Summer Scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
- File a 2023-24 FAFSA
- Currently in attendance at Hunter College as degree-seeking undergraduate student
- Enroll in at least a 3-credit Hunter College Summer Session course that counts toward your degree
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress and good conduct standing
- Show strong academic progress toward your degree
In addition to the above requirements, the accumulation of earned credits will be considered in the award process. Courses taken on e-Permit do not qualify towards scholarship eligibility. W and WU grades will result in a disqualification of scholarship funds.
How to Apply
If you satisfy the above requirements and would like to be considered for the Undergraduate Summer Scholarship, please complete the following steps as soon as possible:
- Complete your Student To-Do List as indicated on your CUNYfirst account.
- Enroll in a Hunter College Summer Session course that is required for your degree.
- Submit the Undergraduate Summer Scholarship Application.
Priority Deadline and Notification
Priority consideration will be given to applications received by Sunday, April 30, 2023. Once you have completed the steps, the Office of Financial Aid will conduct a final review of your eligibility. Applications will continue to be reviewed on a rolling basis. Summer Scholarship funding is available on a limited basis, so be sure to apply as early as possible.
Summer Scholarship applicants will be notified of their award status at their Hunter College email address beginning Monday, May 15, 2023.