Goals of the Training Program
The Graduate Training Program focuses on the following areas of development. Trainees will:
- Integrate and apply various theories/conceptual knowledge.
- Increase competency in clinical practice.
- Increase cultural competency and sensitivity in work with our diverse student body—using these skills for assessment and intervention.
- Develop sensitivity to gender-specific issues.
- Heighten awareness of, and learn to address, personal issues that may impact professional functioning.
- Learn and integrate the legal and ethical guidelines that govern the practice of mental health professionals.
- Become more knowledgeable about, and learn to address, the impact of the academic environment on the student-client's sense of well-being.