There are some basic precautions we can all take to limit the spread of flu and other contagious viruses:
- Wash your hands often with soapy water or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Please take advantage of the hand sanitizer dispensers that are installed around campus.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or the inside of your arm when you sneeze or cough. Throw away all tissues in the trash after they’re used.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth when possible. Avoid close contact with others who are ill.
- If you have a fever and cough, stay home. You don’t want to make yourself sicker, and you don’t want to spread what might be the flu virus.
- Take precautions when traveling in areas where the flu virus has been spreading rapidly.
- If you have access to the influenza vaccine through your usual source of care, take advantage of it now and get your seasonal influenza vaccine. The sooner you get it, the better protected you are.
Thank you for your assistance in protecting yourself and the collective health of our campus community during the upcoming flu season.