To be eligible for SEEK, you must:
- be a legal resident of New York State for at least one year prior to entering college;
- be a high school graduate or recipient of a state-approved equivalency diploma;
- be inadmissible according to the admissions criteria established for the CUNY four-year college you want to attend;
- be a first-time freshman or previously enrolled in College Discovery (CD) Program, an Educational Opportunity Program (EOP), or Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP); and
- have a gross family income that meets the New York State guidelines.