About the SEEK Program
The Percy Ellis Sutton Search for Education, Elevation and Knowledge (SEEK) Program is a higher education opportunity program offered in the senior colleges of the City University of New York (CUNY). It was established to provide comprehensive academic support to assist capable students who otherwise might not be able to attend college due to their educational and financial circumstances. Students are admitted into SEEK regardless of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, disability, or creed.
To be eligible for SEEK, you must:
- be a legal resident of New York State for at least one year prior to entering college;
- be a high school graduate or recipient of a state-approved equivalency diploma;
- be inadmissible according to the admissions criteria established for the CUNY four-year college you want to attend;
- be a first-time freshman or previously enrolled in College Discovery (CD) Program, an Educational Opportunity Program (EOP), or Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP); and
- have a gross family income that meets the New York State guidelines.