What We Offer
Our team of educational technologists will work with faculty to effectively incorporate technology in their classes. We can help them articulate their teaching and learning goals, select appropriate tools to achieve these goals, design learner-centered activities incorporating these tools, and collect evidence of the impact of these innovations.
See times for EdTech Consultations
Our workshops are for faculty who want to learn technology tools in the context of how they can be used in college classrooms, using examples of how they have been used by Hunter colleagues. We update them each semester as technology tools and instructors' needs change.
See the current list of Workshops
Online Course Design Camps
Camps are multi-day professional development events where we support Faculty designing hybrid and online courses. Faculty attend presentations, explore technology tools and build parts of their courses with just-in-time staff support.
See Module-Making Camp Resources
The Center for Online Learning has a classroom-like space, and a room with two collaboration tables and two recording booths, allowing faculty to:
- Record news-anchor-style videos
- Voice-over presentation slides
- Record screencasts showing procedures as displayed on a computer screen
- Capture lectures in a classroom-like setting
- Create Khan-Academy-style videos showing an instructor drawing freehand on a digital tablet
- Create animated videos and presentations