The Center for Online Learning invites applications for edTech Faculty Fellows. In a semester-long appointment (with the possibility of extensions), Fellows work with the Center for Online Learning staff to implement current teaching and learning with technology initiatives. Their primary role is to advise faculty on pedagogically tested tools and strategies for engaging students and teaching courses in all instructional modalities.
The expected time commitment is 3-5 hours per week for 15 weeks or a maximum of 75 hours per semester. Full-time and part-time faculty are welcome to apply. Part-time faculty must have at least one year of service at Hunter. Fellows receive compensation for the equivalent of one, three-credit course in non-teaching adjunct hours.
Fellows will propose to design, offer, and assess one substantive project such as:
- a series of workshops on best practices in designing accessible and inclusive courses or a similar topic in which they have expertise;
- a complete core undergraduate, asynchronous online course;
- the creation of resource or template courses for multi-section or sequence courses;
- the review and testing of several edTech tools in a course that they are teaching followed by a presentation on the results.
Additionally, Fellows will propose to support the work of the Center for Online Learning by participating in or leading two or more of the following activities:
- facilitating workshops on effective uses of CUNY’s learning management system and other Hunter-supported edTech tools (e.g. VoiceThread, Padlet, Hypothesis, Flip, PlayPosit);
- co-leading course design camps;
- developing tutorials and instructional materials;
- attending brainstorm Mondays and encouraging peer participation;
- contributing a blog post to the Tool Talk or Teaching Tips section of the ACERT blog.
At the end of the semester, Fellows will take part in a seminar to discuss their experiences as EdTech Fellows. The seminar will be open to all interested faculty.
For additional information about the Center for Online Learning or the edTech Faculty Fellows program, contact Shiao-Chuan Kung at email@example.com.
To apply, please complete the form at https://cunyhunter.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_79tfrKc8ymCAKeq by 1/30/2023 and ask your department chair or program coordinator to email a brief statement of support to Shiao-Chuan Kung at firstname.lastname@example.org.