Because of its central location and easy access to public transportation, Hunter College can generally operate without incident when there is inclement weather. However, should severe weather occur, the college will monitor conditions and will seek direction from the CUNY Central Administration to determine if it is necessary to cancel classes or close the school.
Changes in operations will be posted at www.hunter.cuny.edu and broadcast through the CUNY Central Administration on the following radio stations:
- WADO 1280 AM (Spanish-language)
- WBLS 107.5 FM
- WCBS 880 AM
- WFAS 1230 AM
- WFAS 103.9 and 106.3 FM
- WINS 1010 AM
- WLIB 1190 AM
- WOR 710 AM
- Monitor emergency alert systems (radio, websites, CUNY Alert).
- When advised, evacuate to designated safe areas.
- Remain in safe area until warning expires or until emergency personnel have issued “all clear” signal.
- If time permits when vacating your office or location:
- Remove items from near windows and secure loose objects.
- Turn off and unplug electrical equipment/appliances.
- If your work location is in a designated flood zone, move valuable equipment from street level and below floors to upper-level floors.
- Make sure essential data files and documents are backed up.
- Be sure to close and lock all doors and windows.
- To learn how you can listen to your voice mail off-campus: https://www.hunter.cuny.edu/it/it services/voicemail
- To set up your Hunter email on your personal device: https://www.hunter.cuny.edu/it/itservices/outlook-exchange-help-documents
If the building or campus is not accessible, be prepared to work from an alternate location when notified by your supervisor.