Scheduling an appointment online to meet with a Chemistry Department advisor is easy! Here's how:
- From the table at the bottom of this page, select an advisor with whom you’d like to schedule an appointment by clicking on “By Appointment” in the “Type” column of the table. Request an appointment by emailing the advisor (email addresses can be found at the bottom of the advisor's profile, in the contact information section).
- Note: Some advisors specialize in handling certain matters/topics or in working with a particular cohort of students, which is noted to the right of the advisor's name in parentheses.
- During the fall and spring semesters, the Chemistry Department offers departmental advising by appointment only.
- ALL students meeting an advisor MUST bring with them a print out of their most recent UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT (which can be found through CUNYFirst).
- Students intending to declare a major or minor in chemistry must fill out the Major, Minor, Certificate Declaration and Change Form.
Although not a requirement for graduation as a chemistry major, the Department of Chemistry encourages undergraduate students to pursue individual laboratory research under the supervision of a faculty mentor.