Scheduling an appointment online to meet with a Chemistry Department advisor is easy! Here's how:
- From the table at the bottom of this page, select an advisor with whom you'd like to schedule an appointment by clicking on "By Appointment" in the "Type" column of the table. A "Schedule Appointment" page will then open in a new browser window/tab.
- Note: Some advisors specialize in handling certain matters/topics or in working with a particular cohort of students, which is noted to the right of the advisor's name in parentheses.
- At the "Schedule Appointment" page for the advisor whom you selected, you may see a list of different appointment types. Click on the choice that best describes the reason why you're scheduling the appointment.
- Click on the date and the time slot you prefer to meet with your advisor. Click on "Continue" when that option appears.
- You'll be prompted to enter your name, telephone number and e-mail address. After carefully filling out the prompts, click on "Complete Appointment".
- Upon successful submission, you will see a confirmation page listing the advisor's name, room number and the date/time of the appointment. You will receive a copy of the confirmation and appointment details at the e-mail address you entered.
The confirmation e-mail also contains a link that will allow you to change or cancel your appointment.
- During the fall and spring semesters, the Chemistry Department offers departmental advising by appointment only.
- ALL students meeting an advisor MUST bring with them a print out of their most recent UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT (which can be found through CUNYFirst).
- Students intending to declare a major or minor in chemistry must fill out the Major, Minor, Certificate Declaration and Change Form.
Although not a requirement for graduation as a chemistry major, the Department of Chemistry encourages undergraduate students to pursue individual laboratory research under the supervision of a faculty mentor.