Our education and outreach effort focuses on supporting more sustainability coursework with continuing education, promoting speaking engagements and workshops with environmental experts and leaders, and encouraging the integration of sustainability issues into orientation events and promotions.
Sustainable Education and Outreach
Our expectations to go further and greener include these education and outreach efforts from our Sustainability Plan (PDF):
- Data visualization and creation of a suite of resources and learning engagement tools for the Hunter Green website (such as a campus sustainability map, waste and recycling dashboard, and water savings dashboard).
- Inventory compilation of sustainability courses offered at Hunter.
- Introduction of sustainability tabling to the Hunter Welcome Week – Resource Fair.
- Designate student members of the Sustainability Council to serve as Official Hunter Student Eco-Reps.
- Incorporation of an Sustainability Arts Exhibition into the annual EcoFair and Hunter Green Week.
- A new sustainability column in the Hunter Gatherer newsletter.
- Launch of campus sustainability social media under Hunter Green.
- Creation of a mobile-based sustainability reporting service for campus community.
- Sponsorship of a Hunter Environmental Speaker series (to be cross-promoted with existing environmental events on campus).
- Digital showcase of the presence of sustainability-related courses.
- Digital visualization of a viewbook of sustainability-related courses and electives for students interested in sustainability issues.
- Launch of a Hunter-public promotional campaign to promote and share information regarding sustainable products and benefits available on campus.