Our focus on transportation includes efforts and strategies to promote the use of fuel-efficient vehicles, encourage ridership of mass transit and promote more bicycle use.
Our expectations to go further and greener include these transportation goals from our Sustainability Plan (PDF):
- Research the market opportunities for large-scale fuel efficient vehicles for procurement potential of the Hunter campus fleet.
- Raise awareness of Transit Discount Programs available to the Hunter community.
- Launch seasonal general transportation surveys to campus community to facilitate Hunter incentives and educational tools for rider safety, visibility and security.
- Alleviate congestion during peak times with promotional campaign increasing usage of stairs.
- Create a de facto position on the Sustainability Council for a representative from External Affairs Office.