- Faculty, staff and students must comply with all applicable federal, state, municipal laws; and CUNY policies, whether on or off campus, governing the possession, service and consumption of alcohol.
- At any Hunter College sponsored event, on or off campus, where alcohol is served, a designated event host, generally a senior member of the organizing unit, is responsible for ensuring that no one underage drinks and there is no excessive consumption of alcohol.
- No student may possess or consume alcohol in any residence hall, regardless of whether the student is of lawful age.
- Alcohol on the Hunter College campus and at events sponsored by the college must be limited to beer, wine and cider except at donor cultivation events. Spirits may be permitted at donor cultivation events provided that the host has received written permission (email is acceptable) from a senior administrator such as a dean, provost, vice president or the president.
- An event with more than 50 people in attendance and where alcohol is being served must have a licensed caterer and the necessary permit from the New York State Liquor Authority (NYSLA).
- A public safety officer may be assigned to any event that is on campus where alcohol is served.