In supporting quality technology solutions to the entire Hunter College community, the ICIT staff has many responsibilities, including:
- Develops and manages administrative applications and services.
- Provides email, file storage, web development, software distribution and printer accounting.
- Manages more than 3,000 telephone lines, PBX, voicemail and VOIP.
- Provides audio/visual classroom equipment, presentation assistance and media production.
- Offers video conferencing centers and interactive video broadcasting.
- Manages public computer labs, public access terminals (PACs), printers, vending machines and servers.
- Supports hardware, software, networking and applications for faculty, students and staff including the Help Desk, Local IT contacts, clinics, consultants and online information.
- Provides academic computing support for web tools, assistance for course web page development (using Blackboard), access to server resources and training for select software and technology.
- Fee-based printing and photocopying services in the libraries, dormitories and public computing areas.
- OneCard for Hunter College identification, access, printer and copier charging, book purchasing, launch, money-saving dining plans and more.