Hunter College participates in the College Level Examination Program (CLEP), under which registered Hunter matriculated students can receive college credit by taking certain CLEP Subject Examinations.
Those taking the exams should arrange to have their scores sent to:
Hunter College Office of Undergraduate Admissions and Recruitment
Evaluation Unit, Room 203 North Building
695 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10065-5085
- The credits awarded will be entered on the student’s college transcript
- Any questions regarding acceptance of CLEP credits should be addressed to the Admissions Office, Room 203 North.
- The fee per subject Examination is $89.00 (Effective April 22, 2020) and a $15 non-refundable registration fee for (community college students) or $35 for (outside students).
- Contact the test centers for their schedules, test dates and procedures.
- The CLEP brochure and the application form is available from the CLEP address or website listed below.
The Hunter College code number is 2301. It should be entered on the Test Center Admissions Form, (“Score Report Recipient”). Students planning to take the test in New York City do not need the booklet “CLEP COLLEGE”, since the relevant information is contained on this sheet. Students planning to take the test outside of New York City should pick up this booklet in Room 1119 East or by writing or calling:
CLEP P.O. BOX 6600
Princeton, NJ 08541-6600