Let’s get started
We've made it really easy to stay connected to your advisors and fellow students with the Navigate Student mobile app. Use the app to make appointments, find study buddies, connect with campus resources, view your class schedule and explore many other features. Sign up to receive alerts and text or email messages.Download the Navigate Student Mobile App
- Complete a total of 120 credits and a minimum of 2.0 GPA.
- Between 30–70 credits of requirements within your major. These classes are mandatory and will depend on your choice of major.
- 42 credits of Hunter Core Requirements (HCR), including the CUNY Common Core requirements and Hunter Focus.
- Elective courses based on your own interests. You can use them to earn a minor or obtain a certificate.
- Meet with your advisor each semester to make sure you’re on track to graduate on time.
- Check out our time management tips to keep up with your classes. You’ll want to take 30 credits per year to graduate in four years.
- Finally, apply to graduate.
A major is a concentration of courses in a particular area of study. Choosing your major allows you to go deeply into a subject and focus your education and dictates which classes to take.
- Before you have 60 credits, you must declare your major. Be mindful of any pre-requisite courses to declare your major. If your major has a large amount of requirements or selection criteria, you’ll want to do so even sooner.
- Use Degree Maps and DegreeWorks to navigate your course choices by major and semester. Meet with your advisor to help make the right major match for you and to ensure your plan keeps you on track to meet your graduation goals.
Course selection is one of the most exciting aspects of college life! Not only will you be exploring interesting subjects, but you will be preparing for success in your career.
Select your courses in 4 easy steps:
- Log in to DegreeWorks to view your remaining requirements. This online advisement tool will display your progress toward completing your degree.
- Visit the Hunter Catalog. Here, you’ll find the class descriptions and Degree Maps to help you choose your courses.
- Take 15 credits per semester (or 30 per year) and avoid dropping or repeating classes, as this may delay graduation.
- Register early to avoid disappointment and have a backup plan in case the course you want is already full.