Register to Vote
The Office of Student Activities is your resource for student voter registration and election information on campus.
Who Can Register to Vote
You must meet all of the following criteria:
- U.S. Citizen
- New York City resident for at least 30 days
- 18 years of age before the next election
- Not imprisoned for a felony conviction
- Not claiming the right to vote elsewhere
How to Register
- You can register to vote, or update your registration, online, in person, or by mail.
- The New York City Board of Elections must receive your new or updated registration at least 25 days before the next election for it to be effective for that election.
- If you registered to vote in the past, and you have changed your political party, your name, or your home address, you will need to submit an updated registration form. You will also need to re-register if you have been in prison for a felony.
Forms and Information
- NYS Voter Registration Form
- NYS Absentee Ballot Information
- CUNY Voter Registration Information
- New York City Voter Guide
- New York State Online Voter Registration Application
- Voter registration forms are available in our office (Room 202, Thomas Hunter), when campus is open.
Once your registration form is completed, you need to print the form, sign and date it, and mail the form to your county board of elections. You can locate the Board of Elections for your county at the link below:
- Visit the Board of Elections for locations and information on voting, election dates, and voting/campaign policies
Voter Registration Coordinator for Hunter students
Teneia Wooten, firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Director, Office of Student Activities