In order to participate in a study abroad program through Hunter College, students must:
- Be at least 18 years old at the time of application and enrolled in a degree granting institution (at Hunter, CUNY, or in the U.S.)
- Have completed at least two semesters of college-level study (with a minimum of 6 completed credits at the time of application).
- Possess a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Be applying credits earned toward a degree.
- Be in good academic standing from the time of application until the start of their term abroad. Students on academic warning are not eligible to participate.
- Be in good disciplinary standing at the start of their term abroad.
- Have a valid passport. We require a copy of your valid passport before you go abroad. If you are in the process of applying for or renewing your passport, you may begin your application; however, you must be prepared to submit a scan of your new passport when you receive it.
- GPA and credit requirements may vary according to different program requirements. Please check the requirements for your program of interest on our program pages.
- Please inquire with the Office of Education Abroad before submitting an application if this is your first or last semester at Hunter as special requirements may apply. We do not recommend that students study abroad in their final semester.