Rights and Responsibilities
Faculty and Staff Responsibilities
View Actions Needed (PDF)
- Integrate accessibility into the planning process for departmental facilities, programs, activities, and services.
- Provide access for students with disabilities to programs, services, activities, and facilities of respective department.
- Seek guidance from Office of AccessABILITY to identify resources available to provide access.
- Provide printed material for classroom instruction in alternate format request form, if requested; non- academic departments should indicate in program publications, brochures, etc. that alternate format is available upon request.
- Utilize and be responsive to the use of assistive equipment/technology or modifications that will facilitate effective communication for students with disabilities.
- Include a statement on each course syllabus regarding referral and accommodation requests.
- Refer students to Office of AccessABILITY if they are experiencing academic difficulty or need access, should circumstances indicate a referral would be appropriate.
- If the disability is visible and you are awaiting official notification of needed accommodations, provide assistance as appears appropriate during the interim.
- Contact Office of AccessABILITY for clarification when questions arise regarding accommodations.