Change Your Primary (Legal) Name
To change the primary name that is displayed and reflected on your official academic record, you must complete and submit a Personal Data Change Request Form. Official and legal name changes require specific documentation outlined on the form.
A change to your primary name will be automatically reflected on the following items:
- Blackboard display name and course roster
- CUNYfirst username
- CUNYfirst Student Center
- CUNY Login username
- EAB Navigate app
- Official university documents, including:
- Official academic record
- Official diploma
- Financial documents
To request a primary (legal) name change:
- Download Personal Data Change Request Form (PDF)
- Submit your Personal Data Change Request Form and copies of your supporting documents to the Office of the Registrar via the CUNYfirst Document Uploader.
- Contact the Registrar at email@example.com to inform them of your request.
Please Note: Primary (legal) name change requests may take several weeks to complete and may impact your access to CUNYfirst and/or your ability to register for courses; therefore, it is recommended that you complete a primary name change request when access to your CUNYfirst account is less critical.