How to Apply to Graduate
To graduate from Hunter means that you have officially completed your academic degree. You must apply to graduate; it does not happen automatically.
Once you’ve met the following requirements, you are ready to apply to graduate:
- 120 Credits
- GPA of 2.0 (C average) or better
- Completion of the Hunter Core Requirements (HCR) or General Education Requirement (GER)
- Completion of a major
To apply to graduate:
- On CUNYFirst, select the drop down tab that reads Apply to Graduate.
- Apply for the semester in which you plan to complete your degree requirements.
- Apply on-time! Check the Application Filing Periods below.
- Await your degree audit results.
- Review your degree audit results and obtain any missing requirements prior to your anticipated graduation date.